Finding a home that combines the tranquility of countryside living with the social benefits of a lively town can be tricky. Luckily our Ury Estate development, situated in the coastal town of Stonehaven, makes it easy for homebuyers to achieve the best of both worlds.Ury Estate is perfectly located, literally just a few minutes drive from the bustling town centre with its array of amenities to suit all ages. The AWPR is right on it’s doorstep, meaning our development now attracts real interest from purchasers moving from Aberdeen and further afield - and for those who wish to enjoy the easy access to the city, the west and the south.
Stonehaven is enjoying somewhat of a resurgence and in so offers a real variety of trendy independent shops. New cafés’ ‘Shamrock and Thistle’ and ‘The Old Pier’ coffee house are a welcome addition to the seaside town. No jostling for position here, these new cafes sit nicely alongside old favourites ‘The Villa’, ‘Cool Gourmet’ and ‘Molly’s’. Take a short stroll from the town centre and you’ll find ‘The Carron’ fish bar, birthplace of the battered Mars Bar. Stonehaven is also home to ‘The Bay’ - the award-winning fish and chip shop located on the beach boulevard. ‘Aunt Betty’s’ renowned ice cream shop is right next-door, serving up a selection of local ice creams, sorbets and sweet treats… and visited by patrons from far and wide.
If you fancy dining out, the new ‘Carron to Mumbai’ restaurant offers outstanding Indian cuisine in a unique Art Deco setting. Pop down to the harbour and you’ll find the stalwarts the ‘Ship Inn’ and ‘The Marine’ serving delicious locally sourced food, whilst ‘The Tolbooth’ is a must for all discerning seafood lovers.
An Olympic-sized, 50m long open-air pool is one of Stonehaven’s most unique and popular attractions. With fun sessions for kids and midnight swims beneath the stars, the pool opens on Saturday May 25, just in time for the school holidays. A trip to Dunnottar Castle and woods is well worthwhile and there’s a huge array of sports available in the town for children, making Stonehaven a real attraction for young families.
With all this on hand, it’s not difficult to see why Stonehaven has been previously listed in the Sunday Times ‘best suburbs to live in the UK’.
If all that wasn’t enough, check out some of the fantastic events coming up throughout the year:
- Saturday, June 1 - the Feein’ market has a wide range of stalls and entertainment for all ages.
- Thursday, June 20 – Saturday, June 22 - for the grown-ups, the 10th annual Midsummer Beer Happening offers 120 of the best beers from around the world, an al fresco street food court and musical talent from across the North-east.
- Sunday, July 7 - the Stonehaven half marathon and 1K fun run will be a fantastic addition to your calendar. Perfect for both new and experienced runners, the route begins in Mineralwell Park before passing through the town and ascending towards the picturesque Fetteresso Forest.
- Friday, July 12 – Sunday, July 14 - the folk festival showcases exciting new acts and some old favourites in a weekend filled with concerts, workshops and ceilidhs.
- Sunday, July 21 - the Stonehaven Highland Games is the perfect day out for the whole family. With attractions including traditional highland dancing, light field events, a pipe band competition and kids mini games, there’s something for everyone.
- Tuesday, December 31 - to warm up the winter months, Stonehaven hosts the Fireball Ceremony; it’s unique way to welcome in the New Year. A traditional pipe band accompanies the festival down the high street, with an elaborate fireworks display following over the harbour.
So if you like the sound of all these wonderful places, activities and events, a move to our Ury Estate development of three, four and five bedroom family homes will allow you to be close to the action. So, what are you waiting for?
To find out more, call 01569 760665 and speak with Michelle or visit one of our showhomes, open every Thursday from 1pm to 7pm and Friday to Monday from 11am to 5pm.